Your Privacy Matters.
Your privacy is extremely important to us. This policy explains what information Aerwave collects from you, how it may be shared, and, most importantly, how we keep it safe. You will also find steps that you can take to alter how your information is used. But rest assured, Aerwave never collects information on your browsing data. That’s a promise we keep to you.
- the types of information Aerwave collects when you visit our website(s) or subscribe to, use, and/ or access our Internet access or other offered services (collectively, the “Services”);
- how we use the information that we collect;
- with whom we may share your information; how we protect your information;
- how we protect your information;
- how we store and retain the information;and
- the choices we offer you regarding collection and use of your information.
The information we collect
We collect information about you and how you are using our Services including information about your devices and equipment that are connected to our Services.
Information that you provide to us
We collect information that you provide to use when you use our website or our Services, including when you create an account, contact us, use online account tools, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include:
- Name and contact information (e.g. billing address, service address, email address, phone number)
- Demographic information (e.g. age, date of birth)
- Location information (e.g. street address, apartment number)
- Payment information (e.g. credit card or bank account information)
- Information you provide to verify your access to the Services (e.g. contact information)
- Correspondence and communication records (e.g. records of calls or service tickets)
Information that we collect when you use the services
When you use the Services, our website, network, or support systems, we collect information about how you are using each, respectively. This information may include:
- Your account information (e.g. account number, devices associated with your account)
- Your billing and payment history
- Your device identification information (e.g. Internet Protocol (“IP”) Address(es), Media Access Control (“MAC”) address(es), type of device, operating system, and web browser
- Records indicating the number and types of devices connected to our Services and equipment
- Technical information about your Service-related devices, including customization settings and preferences
- Network traffic information and data
- Information about your use of the Services, including location, duration, and frequency
- Additional information about the Service options you have chosen
- We do not store any web browsing information, but we do have to collect the uniform resource locator and IP address that you direct your web browser to connect to in order to route your traffic to a selected website.
Information we collect when you use the website
When you use our website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as through the use of:
- cookies (small data files that are placed in your browser to recognize your computer or device when you return to that site for purposes of tracking your movement within a site, remembering where you left off, remembering username or passwords);
- web beacons (a tag, pixel, of GIF, that is used to transmit information about the actions of a user, such as opening a page or email);
- third-party analytics (tools like Google Analytics that provide information about the use of a website or measure the effectiveness of a marketing campaign); and
- widgets (small program or application that is embedded in a web page).
Information we collect from third parties
In order to facilitate our service, we may receive data from third party sources for purposes of delivering Services, for example, verifying residency in a building for purposes of setting up an account with Aerwave. Aerwave does not sell this information to other third parties. For more information on how Aerwave uses your information, please see the section titled “How we use your information”.
The information we do not collect
Information regarding your preferences and settings related to the Services is stored as a necessity to delivering the Services. However, information regarding your Internet browsing history is not monitored, recorded, logged, stored, or passed to any third party. This information includes IP traffic destination, data content, or DNS queries. If it is necessary to pass any information to a third party as it relates to providing the Services, for example, resolving a DNS query using a third-party DNS resolution service, we will do so, however, we will not monitor, record, log, or store that information, for example, the information contained within the DNS resolution.
How we use your information
We use your information to power our Services and to improve your experience with our Services. We use your information to provide, support, improve, protect, analyze and bill for our Services; to communicate with you about your service or experience; to detect and avoid fraud, for advertising, and for research purposes. Examples of how we use your information include:
- Set up and administration of your account
- Maintaining records of your purchases and transactions using the Services
- Billing and invoicing
- Verifying access to your account
- Maintenance and operations, including management of the network, equipment, and Services
- Providing customer support
- Sending you information that you request
- Supporting and providing location-based services
- Improving our Services and identifying and developing the growth of existing products and services as well as new products and new services
- Analyzing how our customers are using the Services, including, for example, the amount of bandwidth being used, peak times of usage
- Growing business relationships
- Marketing and advertising our Services to you
- Protecting our customers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, the Services,
- Protecting our rights, our personnel, and our property
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations
- Preventing and investigating illegal activities and violations of our Terms, Use Policies and other service conditions or restrictions
How we share your information
We share your information as follows:
- With your permission. We may ask for your explicit permission to share information about you with our business partners for purposes not covered in this Privacy Notice. We will only share personally identifiable information about you for a third party’s own marketing purposes if you affirmatively consent to such sharing, and we will make it clear at the point of collection that you are sharing your information with both Aerwave and our identified business partner. You also will have an opportunity to review each company’s respective privacy notices before you provide your information.
- Within Aerwave and any current or future related companies and subsidiaries. We may share information as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of our company or our assets, or the transition of the Service to another entity. For example, if part or all of our business is sold, we may include customer information as part of that transaction.
- For other purposes. We may otherwise share information without your permission as required by law or regulation; to investigate or defend against third party claims or allegations; or to protect our rights, property, and the personal safety of our employees or that of our customers or others. We will only share information about you with law enforcement pursuant to valid legal process and we will not share the content of your communications without a valid warrant. We will use all reasonable means to attempt to notify you of a valid law enforcement request unless legally prohibited, an emergency situation exists involving danger of death or serious physical injury to a person, or we are unable to ensure that you, and no one else, will receive the notice.
How you control your information
You can control how we use or share your information or how we contact you through the settings features within your account on our website or by contacting an Aerwave representative.
To stop receiving our promotional emails and texts, follow the instructions in any promotional message you receive from us. Even if you opt-out of receiving our marketing messages, we will continue to send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions and information about any services we provide you.
Limiting personal information that we collect and share
You may take certain actions to limit our access to personal information collected through our Sites, including IP address and referring website. You may opt-out of receiving many behavioral ads through a web tool available here. You can also opt-out of the use of this information for analytics through Google Analytics here. You can also browse our Sites using a browser private mode, which may prevent us from collecting information about you and your browser.
Requesting copies of your personal information or asking that we delete your personal information
If you have provided your personal information to receive Service, entered personal information through a form on our website, or have given us personal information in other ways, you can request a copy of the personal information about you that we currently hold and you can request that we delete this information.
When you make a request, we will collect four basic pieces of personal information, which we will match with our records to reasonably verify your identity. After you submit the form, you will receive an email confirmation with instructions on an additional step that we require you take to help verify your identity and email address. We endeavor to respond promptly to your request once we reasonably verify your identify. Note that if you request your personal information more than twice in a twelve-month period, we may be unable to respond. And rest assured, we do not discriminate against any consumer who makes these requests.
If we are unable to verify your identity, we may not respond to your request. Because we cannot validate the identity of visitors to our website, we are unable to share a copy of your personal information or delete your personal information that we have from you if you have only visited our website. However, visitors to our website can reference the chart above for details about the personal information we collect, the reasons why we collect it, and the categories of third parties with which we share the information. In addition, if you are a current customer, we are unable to process requests to delete your personal information; because we collect only the information we need to provide our service, we necessarily need to continue to use your information to serve you.
How we store and safeguard your information
We use technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access to, use of, or disclosure of the information that we collect and store. But no security program is perfect. As a result, we cannot guarantee that we will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose information. If a breach were to occur, we will notify you as required by applicable law. Your information is stored for the whole period when you are using the Services and for a period of two (2) years after the last use of the Services. Any non-identifiable personal information, for example, aggregated usage data, may be stored longer that two years, provided it does not contain personally identifiable information.
Other privacy information
Changes to this Policy
We may modify this Policy at any time. You can view the most current version of this Policy by going to our website. If we make material changes to this Policy, then we will provide you at least 30 days’ notice by email, through your online account portal, or other reasonable methods. If you continue to use the Services following notice of the changes, we will deem that to be your acceptance of and consent to the changes in the revised Policy. If the changes in the revised Policy are related to new use, disclosure, or permission of access to your personally identifiable information, we may require your consent before implementing those changes and your continued use of the Services.
Information specific to children
The website and the Services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Your California Privacy Rights
We comply with special legal requirements for California residents associates with access, deletion, and sale or sharing of residents’ data and application of do not track notices.
“Do Not Track” notice
Currently, there is not a universal “Do Not Track” protocol that exists. As such, our Services and website will continue to operate whether or not a “Do Not Track” signal is received.
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
CCPA Personal Information (“CCPA PI”) is defined by the state of California as information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with California consumers or households. You have the right to request information from us regarding the information we have collected or shared, for what business purpose it was collected or shared, and to which categories of third parties it was shared. You also have the right to request the deletion of your CCPA PI. Upon your request, we will delete the CCPA PI information that we have collected, except for situations when it is necessary for us to retain it: provide you with a Service that you have requested, maintain the functionality or security of our systems; or comply with or exercise rights provided by the law.
How to contact us
If you have questions regarding these Terms of Service, please reach us as follows:
Attn: Legal Department
2919 Commerce St.
Dallas, TX 75226
Email: [email protected]